Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Not A Hand, Not A Foot, Not A Strand Of Hair...

I was browsing through tunes today and came across the very interesting & obscure Fathead - Space Shuttle Crash (revolution riddim) 12" on the Papa Roots label. Fathead, now deceased, graphically describes the 1986 Challenger Space Shuttle Crash. The lyrics are quite macabre and some lines leave me scratching my head. I love tunes from the 80s about disasters and other current events. These tunes place me back in time to my childhood. For example, the line "I saw Ronald Reagan was talking on the air..," flashed back the memory of me actually watching this on TV. I thank these artists for keeping a historical record! Imagine a few thousand years down the line the only remaining historical record of this disaster turns out to be the Fathead 12'!! Listen

"The future of the world is in space somewhere............"

No comments:

Post a Comment